Butterfly Rose Village (BRV) was founded as a way to offer my doula services and for my creations that support the mind, body, and spirit. My goal is to give holistic doula care to connect you with your inner and outer self so you can create a thriving experience through infertility, pregnancy and infant loss, or parenthood.
On this website you will find helpful blog posts, puzzles, meditations, local and online resources, in person and virtual support within the topic of fertility, pregnancy and infant loss, and birth & postpartum. The creations and offerings are going to be vast but center because I give myself no limits on what to create so be on the lookout for many fun things.
INDIVIDUALITY, EVOLUTION, EVIDENCED BASED RESEARCH, CREATIVE EXPRESSION, ENVIRONMENTALIST, INCLUSIVITY, OPEN-MINDNESS, HOLISTIC CARE, COMMUNITY.
Our values blend from the symbolism of our name and my doula ethics. To read a more in depth look into the naming of BRV check out this post.
Hello, I am Quanisha McGruder, a full spectrum doula, infant sleep educator and massage therapist. I work and serve in the San Antonio, Texas area and also offer virtual support.
I have always had a fascination and love with pregnancy and babies since I was little. After working in childcare for several years I noticed how much confusing information there is and how unsupported parents feel, so I decided to educate myself.
Becoming a doula and infant sleep educator allowed me to do that and more! I am able to provide evidence based information, emotional, and physical support to couples who are just starting on their conception journey to those in the midst of postpartum. I also believe it is important to take a look into spirituality too.
My hope in becoming a doula is to be able to guide people through a few of the most challenging transformations. I want to change the narrative around infertility, birth, and postpartum and give people options that better suits themselves so that they thrive not just survive. I want to give holistic doula care to support the individual so they can create an experience that is beneficial to them.
Living in the United States, maternal deaths in black women have reached a dangerous level that cannot be ignored. Being a black woman myself, I plan on supporting black womxn through the transition to parenthood and help them reclaim their autonomy.
- I graduated high school in 2010 with my CNA license (no longer in use)
- Childcare teacher (infants-6 weeks-2 years) from 2010-2016
- An array of child development training for working in childcare
- Licensed Massage Therapist 2015-Present
- Infant Sleep Educator Training 2018 with Bebo Mia
- Prenatal Massage Certification 2018
- Fertility Support Specialist Training 2019 with Bebo Mia
- Maternal Support Practitioner Training 2019 with Bebo Mia
- Crafting Rituals for Abortion and Pregnancy Loss Workshop 2019 with Full Spectrum Doula Circle
- Spinning Babies workshop 2019
- P.A.I.L Advocacy Training 2020
- Updated Infant Sleep Educator Training 2020 with Bebo Mia (led by neuroscientist)
- Slow Doula Method Course 2020 with Doula Trainings International
- Still Birthday Training…Coming soon
- Fertility Massage Certification…Soon
Thank you for reading about me and my business. If I sound like a person you’ll enjoy working with check out my services! I offer Fertility, Birth & Postpartum, and soon P.A.I.L support services. I can’t wait to work collaboratively with you!
Use the form below to contact me and I’ll answer any question that may have popped up. Thank you.
Follow BRV on Social Media!
Butterfly Rose Village has a separate channel on Instagram for birth & postpartum and fertility and a joint facebook for full spectrum work. Join us here and find an array of free information, journal prompts, meditations, visualization exercises and more! Click below